Been very busy lately, with both life in general and (especially) a job change. So, finally it’s been a (relatively) free weekend and a chance to relax with some solder fumes. Haven’t build anything that’s worth showing off at the moment, but it was nice to have some time to build again 😀

Apart from a bit of soldering I also managed to finish some PCB files as well. Most important was the PCB for my version of the Audiokarma CNC RIAA (or, actually the “Muffsy” evolution version of it). I’ve been listening to a lot of vinyl lately and this looks like a very interesting (and simple) RIAA, so I had to give it a try – albeit with a few changes over the original. Boards should be here in a couple of weeks 🙂


5 Responses to Phew!

  1. skrodahl says:

    I’m excited to see your version of the phono stage, and I would really like to include it in my blog.

    What changes did you make, btw?

    • theslowdiyer says:

      Oh, I’ve made a few changes 🙂

      The schematic is yours, but the board is mono with single opamps (because the selection of singles is now a bit bigger). Also, I’ve skipped the selectable input impedance and made space for a bigger output capacitor. The boards are on the way to me, but I am still short a few parts so it might be a couple of weeks before I’ve tested it. Once I have confirmed that it’s working I’ll of course be happy if you want to post it on the Muffsy-website 🙂

  2. Pingback: The Muffsy RIAA clone (teaser…) | theslowdiyer

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in: Logo

You are commenting using your account. Log Out /  Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out /  Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out /  Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out /  Change )


Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: