PeeCeeBees in a box…

Well, almost. At least the box is ready for the PeeCeeBees, even if they are not quite ready for it yet 😀

Apologies for the stupid puns, but I managed to (nearly) finish the chassis for the PeeCeeBee amplifier boards. The basis is a small ebay-sourced enclosure with side heatsinks, but I have replaced the rear panel and fitted the insides with custom mounting panels for the PSU and the transformer/softstart.

The “upstairs/downstairs” layout maximises internal space and is something I plan to reuse extensively on other projects (even if the cost of the custom panels from Schaeffer/FPX does begin to add up…)

Still to do is some transistor matching (bleh!) before I can finish and test the boards and I also need to order a new transformer – the one in the picture is the right size, but not quite the right voltage.

Advertisements

One Response to PeeCeeBees in a box…

  1. Pingback: Hypex UcD in progress… | theslowdiyer

Leave a Reply

Fill in your details below or click an icon to log in:

WordPress.com Logo

You are commenting using your WordPress.com account. Log Out / Change )

Twitter picture

You are commenting using your Twitter account. Log Out / Change )

Facebook photo

You are commenting using your Facebook account. Log Out / Change )

Google+ photo

You are commenting using your Google+ account. Log Out / Change )

Connecting to %s

%d bloggers like this: